Hi everyone and happy holidays! It’s that time of year, the time to see if your community can predict who is going to win the awards at The Game Awards 2018!
The Game Awards are live on Thursday, December 6th at 5:30 PT on https://t.co/qQpyWMtIUK.
Got thoughts on God of War vs. Red Dead Redemption 2 for Game of the Year? Come join us in chat (or co-stream the show) and predict the winners with @thegameawards extension. pic.twitter.com/iHCNpleqqR
— Twitch (@Twitch) December 4, 2018
How to co-stream The Game Awards 2018
Just like last year, Twitch streamers are welcome to co-stream the event with their communities for a fun night of guest stars, awards, and new game trailers. Twitch created a guide on how to co-stream the award show here (Note: you need to replace the url in step 3 with this twitch.tv/thegameawards/embed ) https://blog.twitch.tv/a-step-by-step-guide-to-co-streaming-e3-on-twitch-1f6e993e8b5e
How to install The Game Awards 2018 Twitch Extension
Broadcasters! Remember to vote from your own channel for maximum points!
- Click on this link to go to Muxy’s The Game Awards 2018 Community Predicts extension https://www.twitch.tv/ext/3eb5w3fyrjo9bhkp7nrd3lvwvb9303-
- Click “Install” in the upper right side corner
- Exit the “Extension Installed Successfully” screen
- Click the back arrow near the upper left side next to the word Deatils
- Now click on “My Extensions” and find the Game Awards 2018 : Community Predictions extension in your installed list. Now click the Activate button under the extension.
- Click “Set as Overlay 1”
- Great, now you can verify that the extension is installed by looking on the right side of the My Extensions page.
Now you are all setup to properly co-stream The Game Awards 2018. Let your community know you will be co-streaming the award show and to come hang out.
Last year the winning channel got a shout out from Geoff live on stage during the awards show. Good luck everyone!