This series of tutorials will demonstrate how to set up a Twitch live stream from scratch on Windows. We’ll be using OBS as our capture software and Muxy for alerts. If you’ve already gotten started, feel free to skip to whatever part you need help with.
Getting Started with OBS
- Install OBS Studio from https://obsproject.com/download#mp.
- Once downloaded, install and launch OBS.
- Next we’re going to put your Twitch stream key into OBS so that when you stream the video goes to your channel on Twitch. If you don’t already have a Twitch account, signup for one HERE (https://secure.twitch.tv/signup). Log in to Twitch (twitch.tv), then click on your username and select “Dashboard” from the drop-down menu. Next click on “Stream Key”. Then click on “Show Key”. Select your key and copy it to your clipboard.
- Now that you have your stream key copied, go back to OBS and click on “Settings”.
- Go to “Stream” and select Twitch as your streaming service.
- Paste in your Twitch stream key and click “Apply”. OBS is now configured to stream to Twitch.
For additional OBS setup info visit: https://obsproject.com/forum/list/guides.25/.